We found 2 new recipes that work perfectly together because they each need to bake for 20 minutes. Coincidentally, they were both delicious too.
First, stuffed mushrooms.
1) Wash mushrooms, remove stems, and let dry. We made 12 mushrooms and used the remaining 4 that came in the package for stuffing. You could also use the stems in the stuffing if you wanted to.
2) Saute a little onion in olive oil. Add garlic and the mushroom pieces. (all these should be cut up really small.) I also added some red pepper flakes.
3) When done, set the hot mixture aside to cool in a clean bowl.
4) Add a couple spoons of ricotta cheese to the mix. We also threw in some mozzarella. One time I want to try cream cheese instead of ricotta. Also add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and any other spices. We used cayenne pepper. Mix it all up
5) Place the 'shrooms on a oiled cookie sheet and spoon the mix into them. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and fresh basil if you have it.
6) Cook at 350 for 20 minutes,
Result:And for the main course, eggplant parmesan.
1) Wash eggplant and cut into thin slices. Lay them out on paper towels and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let sit for 30 minutes to get all the misture out.
2) Beat 2 eggs together in small bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning in a small plate. Dip each eggplant slice in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat it.
3) Put all the eggplant slices on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes on each side.
4) Put some marinara sauce in the bottom of a pan. Put a layer of eggplant slices on top. Then add some fresh basil and mozzarella cheese (and not the shredded kind). Repeat the layers until you run out of stuff. Top off with parmesan cheese.