Afterwards we had a cupcake battle where we each made 3 different types of cupcakes. We started from the same base and then split it into into 6 parts so we ended up with 2 cupcakes of each type.
1. ginger with lemon zest
2. chocolate with a dash of instant coffee
3. butterscotch with caramel syrup
1. peanut butter chocolate chip
2. lemon topped with pomegranate seeds
3. chocolate kahlua and pomegranate
In the chocolate category we liked the chocolate kahlua best. In the yellow category we liked the ginger. Not fitting into either category, peanut butter chocolate chip was also very successful.